Sunday, April 10, 2011

Taking my own advice...

So, I was cleaning out my e-mail earlier today and ran across this message.  I sent this e-mail to a friend who was struggling at the time, but it's funny how I read it when I needed to hear it.  Definitely needed to hear this and take my own advice.  I hope that if you're at a point of uncertainty in your life that these words help you too... as much as I hope they helped my friend and as much as they helped me.  Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Until next time...

_____________________________________________________________________

It's so crazy you e-mailed me because you've been on my mind/heart alot lately.  I just have this feeling lately that you're not happy...like at all. Trust me when I say that I can completely understand how you feel. I've been there...more than once. Sometimes I feel like nothing works out for me...ever. But, by the grace of God, I can wake up with an honest smile on my face because I trust that in HIS perfect timing my life will workout and I can look back on everything and say wow...it really was worth it.

I can do all I want to try and fill the voids in my life, but I will be disappointed every single time because if I'm doing things because I want them to happen then they will never work....no matter how bad I think I want them to.  It's hard to let go of something you love (hardest thing I've ever done), but at some point you have to just give it to God and let Him make of it what is to be made of it. 

I hope that you're still seeking the Lord with all your heart.  That is the only way you will find true happiness. Sometimes you have to lose everything in order to gain anything and thats scary! There is only one thing you have to do in order to get this amazing future God has promised...you have to pray about it...all the time.  Its all about surrender and just falling to your knees. Praising God should be your first reaction instead of your last resort and always remember that prayer is just as important when the sun is shining as it is when it rains.

I pray for you every night for you to find your way. But like I told you before, I can want this for you all I want, but your heart has to be in it...110%. Things happen in this life that I fail to understand daily, but I rest in the fact that God will never put something in my life without giving me the strength to deal with it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment