Sunday, September 25, 2011

Love God. Love others. End of story.

The last couple of weeks have been very eye opening for me.  I have learned a lot about myself and realized a lot of things I probably should have been doing a long time ago.  This life should be very simple.  Love God. Love others.  Everything else is just a note in this melody that makes our life.  I'm not sure at what point I got so caught up in my own life and making decisions I think are best for me that I forgot the biggest thing of all.  This life isn't about me...at all.  I needed to get my life in check, and fast. 

I have spent a lot of the last two weeks alone and I have spent the majority of that time praying.  I have had no specific requests, just that God lead me in the direction He intended for me to go.  To reveal to me, even a little bit, part of the plan He had created for my life.  I think we all get to a point in our lives where we could use a little clarity and I needed it more than ever and I knew there was only one person who could  give it to me. 

I have gone down so many roads in my life and have had to turn around and get back to the intersection and say okay, what's next.  I chose the paths that were most convenient for ME at the time and ignored everything else.  Well, guess where that got me?  Nowhere.  It's amazing what you discover when you let go and let God. I read the parable of the prodigal son a few times and have given thanks to God for serving Him....who is ALWAYS faithful even when I am not.

Love God. 

I do my best to encourage those people in my life.  I try to keep up with what is going on in their lives, but I think I need to do a better job of just unconditionally loving people.  I think the people who are the hardest to love are the ones who need it the most.  I also think I sometimes only love people who love me in return and that can't always be the case.  I enourage you to lift someone up in prayer who you are having trouble forgiving for something, someone who can't do anything for you, give you anything....just love them. Enourage them.  It's amazing what love can do.  It is the most powerful, unselfish, amazing gift we can ever give someone and I don't think we do it enough. 

Love people. 

I am doing my best to follow the path God has given me.  I am taking everyday as a blessing and accepting of the gifts He is giving me and I'll tell you one thing...my heart is overflowing with happiness.  I feel extremely humbled and blessed to be on this amazing journey and I can have faith in knowing that no matter how many times I may stumble there is someone  who will never give up on me as long as I continue to seek Him in all that I am and all that I do. 

I hope you all have an amazingly wonderful week.  You are all so special to me and I hope that you know how thankful I am to have each and every one of you in my life. 

Until next time.....(which I promise won't be so long next time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment