Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What its all about...in my mind anyway.

It's so true what they say...life isn't about finding yourself, its about creating yourself.  I absolutely believe that.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if I should have more answers than I do.  I struggle alot, trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing with my life.  When I sit down to think about it...I realize that those moments ARE my life.  This is what it's all about. Losing and finding yourself, making mistakes, learning lessons, and creating an opportunity for yourself to do something amazing with your life. 

I am 28 years old.  I live in my parents basement....and yes, I'm still trying to figure it all out.  I'm okay with that.  I could have a full time job, a husband, maybe a couple of kids, but I can tell you I know I wouldn't be happy. Now, I don't mean I don't want all of those things...I absolutely do. I just feel like if I were to have all that right now, I would be settling for something that isn't everything I want and that is just something I cannot do.  I would rather be happy and I think we often forget that we must work in order to live and not live to work. 

Life isn't about your 8/9-5.  It's about so much more than that.  I feel like far too often we get caught up in that work is our life and forget about what really matters.  Establishing, building, and maintaining relationships with family and friends, taking time to do what you love and surround yourself with people who make you laugh.  I would rather have all of that and an okay job than a job where I worked all the time, made great money, but had virtually no special relationships in my life. 

I am so thankful to have a lot of amazing people in my little world.  Despite my "lack of direction" I feel like I'm absolutely on the right path...if that makes sense. =) I hope that whatever you are doing with your life, you're happy.  My motto is that life is way too short to be anything but happy.  I hope you live by it too. 

Hope you all have an amazingly wonderful day.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment