Thursday, September 9, 2010

If I could do it again....

Have you ever been driving along the highway and a song comes on and as you're singing the words it takes to back to a specific moment in your life that you remember so vividly it were as if it happened yesterday? It happens to me all the time. These lyrics take me back to places that I wish I could revisit, some places I wish I'd never been, & even places I hope to be in the future. They remind me of people I love, people I loved & lost, and my family. It's like these constant reminders of the journey I've taken to get to this exact moment in my life. Its kind of crazy really...how music and lyrics allow me to relive all these emotions. Some of them are completely welcome and some I could definitely do without.

So with that said...if you could go back and change one of those moments would you? How would your life be different? Would it be different at all? Sometimes I'm not sure what I would do. I have my fair share of regrettable moments. You know those things you just know you're going to regret the minute after? Not even the things you've done, but the things you didn't do. I swore when I turned 27 I wasn't going to have any of those "shoulda, coulda, woulda" moments and just truly LIVE. Not leaving things up to chance and just really putting myself out there, completely exposed for others to see. I lost and gained a lot of friends and I can finally say I feel like I'm becoming the me I'm supposed to be, so to speak. If you know me, you know my goal in life is to get where I'm going and not have to look back and say "I wish I would have...." I want to do it all, see it all, be it all. I want to fall in love, be the best friend someone could ever ask for, be the best daughter to my incredible parents, & someday be an incredible parent to kids of my own. I feel like the only way I can get there is not having regrets and just really living life....taking chances, making mistakes, and learning the lessons.

So, here's to the lyrics that write the stories, that shape my life, and remind me of a past I will never regret, a present I am loving, and a future that is full of love and amazing people to share it with.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment