Tuesday, September 7, 2010

She doesn't own a dress...hair is always a mess.

1) I actually own several dresses, but rarely wear them and 2) Yes, my hair is usually a mess. This song popped up on my Pandora while I was attempting to do some Chemistry homework before class and I decided to write a blog instead. I have the attention span of a gnat, I swear.

So, this whole going back to school thing has brought a gammit of emotions with it. Granted I still get carded to buy scratch off lottery tickets because I definitely don't LOOK 27, its kind of weird being a non-traditional student. I am a big people watcher....and not being involved in campus life at all allows me to sit in the Student Center and just be an onlooker. I thought that 3 hour break in between classes was going to be rough...not anymore. People watching is so fun. I think everyone should try it. I like living in my parents basement, but I do not like not having any money...someday though, right? I've never been one of those people who can sit still. I've always had more than one job which I actually like until it's time to do my taxes. Then I just play dumb and my mom does them for me. Woot.

Labor Day weekend was awesome. Hung out with a lot of great people and had a really good time. I had an amazing summer. I moved back in an effort to "Start over" and certainly had the chance to do just that. I have quickly realized that my life has so many different pieces to the puzzle and that each piece has made me every last bit of who I am. I am completely grateful for the people who force me to take life head on, for those who allow me to make the mistakes that teach me the invaluable lessons, and for those who are just so special to me that I can't find the words to thank them. You know those people who, when you meet them, you feel like they exist in your life for a specific purpose? THOSE people make my heart happy.

I have learned alot this summer...alot about myself and about other people. I can't say that I understand the conviction of people's actions any more than I did before, but I have learned that people aren't perfect and that my expectations of others should be simple. Growth is so important in any friendship/relationship. My appraoch to life can be summed up in this quote...

"The best things in life are unexpected because there were no expectations." -Eli Khamarov

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment