Thursday, September 16, 2010

Not a fan.....

So, I hate saying goodbye. I mean it might be my least favorite thing to do. Yes, I hate it more than I hate blow drying my hair in the morning and if you know me - you know how much I loathe that. I met a lot of great people this summer. I forged new friendships, rekindled old ones, and spent most of the summer surrounded by people who make my life absolutely incredible. I'm a big 'one day at a time' kinda person. I'm extremely organized, but definitely not a planner. I like making last minute decisions and flying by the seat of my pants...that's just how I roll. So, when all this fun was happening this summer, I wasn't thinking about having to say goodbye in a few months. NOT FUN. But, that's life. If it weren't constanly changing, we would never change. If doors didn't close, they couldn't open. C'est la vie.

Speaking of change....isn't it awesome. Most people are scared to death of it. I embrace it. I mean there are those perfect moments we wish time would stop and we could live it forever, but the reality of the situation is that even though moments are perfect, but life isn't. It's messy, it's designed to break your heart. It's wired to teach us invaluable lessons, leave us speechless, and bring us to places we never knew existed. I like not knowing what's going to happen next. I used to have that need to know attitude. Constantly looking for confirmation that things were going to be okay, work out (in my favor). After a plethera of disappointment, I decided that sometimes not knowing is best.

My host brother is heading back to New Mexico for the off season tomorrow. He was only with us for a couple of weeks, but he quickly became a part of our family and we are definitely going to miss him. Our little Yorkie, Maggie, is going to miss him the most I think. They've become pretty good buddies. =)

So, here's to not knowing, taking life one day at a time, and embracing the change that keeps us on our toes. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment